Friday, May 7, 2010

Most weird excuse by a traffic police.

It was May 7th 2010, I was off to office on bike as i needed to return early to my room (I had a flight next morning) when all of a sudden my journey was disrupted by a Traffic policeman on account of violating traffic rule (I did not stop at red). Well it was actually not my fault. I was behind a loaded truck which blocked the traffic light above. When the truck crossed the signal it was green, when it was my turn hell broke loose and it was red.. 
Within moments he was in front of me and in the most filmi way he snatched the bike key which made me follow him to the pavement. 
*
He enquired for Driving license which I was prompt to handover. He checked while having a chat with me where I stayed, where I was going etc.. Later he exclaimed.. "Why dont you take a room near your office?? You would save petrol, energy and money which you are going to pay me!!" I found this line pretty amusing. He continued "200 Rupees!!". Immediately I asked him whether a challan will be provided? He was prompt to reply "sure" but asked me to wait for sometime. He had a brief talk on the walky-talkie and came back  saying "Sorry, challan cant be provided as it has run out of challan pages".
*
Now I was pretty amused (once again)  and was staring at him thinking what type of excuse was that.. Nevertheless he replied in some moments "150". I understood the situation and was on heels bargaining. I replied "fifty". He did not agree at first but later agreed but my bad.. I didnot had a fifty (in any combination) resulting in paying off a hundred bucks.
*
Ahhhh... he returned the bike keys and wished me a happy journey and a good day and I resumed my journey.

Huhh.. weird people, weird situations..

No comments:

Post a Comment